Getting fluid filled pimples and sores inside mouth. Looking for permanent solution

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi Doc...My mother has been having these pimples or sores inside her mouth which are filled with fluid....these are usually white or red in color...these heal for some days but reappear again after some days....it is painful as well...What is the permanent solution to this...Thanks in advance!!
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 21 minutes later

The possible causes are:
Aphthous ulcers: which can occur due to decrease immunity, vitamin deficiency can also cause ulcers in mouth.
Minor injuries like due to sharp edge of tooth, tooth brushes etc.
Intake of tablets like aspirin can lead to mouth ulcers.
Contents in the toothpaste like sodium lauryl sulfate etc can lead to mouth ulcers.
Infection due to bacteria or viruses is one possibility.

So let her once consult physician and get examined to find out the actual cause of her problem among the above possibilities and take the treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Getting fluid filled pimples and sores inside mouth. Looking for permanent solution 12 minutes later
Thanks for you quick response...We did consult 3-4 physicians who did diagnose it to be the same i.e. mouth ulcer...they gave a gel which she applies and some tablets...while it does heal sometimes...but it doesn't seem to go fully(new ones reappear as old ones heal) ..while sleeping she says it seems that there is some sensation of pulling inside the sores which is very discomforting....it has been more than 6 months...and now i really want to get it treated properly...I hope its not something serious... looking forward to your advise.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
There is possibility of recurrent aphthous stomatitis.
She can follow preventive measures like:
Using mouthwash containing XXXXXXX damascena or benzydamine hydrochloride. Which will help in preventing recurrent ulcers.
Using herbal toothpastes.
Avoiding stress and other causative agents of ulcers which are mentioned previously.
Taking zinc supplementation etc.
If ulcers still recur better once get evaluated to rule out behcet disease and crohn’s disease. As recurrent aphthous ulcers are common in these conditions.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Getting fluid filled pimples and sores inside mouth. Looking for permanent solution 3 hours later
Could you please suggest me some names(so that i could get them from the chemist easily) :) of the best mouthwash,toothpastes and supplementation's and also for how many days should we wait for the results to show up using all these drugs. And also (i hope that doesn't happen) are there any specific tests which we should undergo if this doesn't help. Thanks for your help.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 hours later

You can use:
Mouth wash – Tantum Verde(Benzydamine Hydrochloride 0.15% Mouthwash, Alcohol-Free)
or HiOra-K mouth wash and HiOra-K toothpaste(Himalaya products).

Tablet. Zinc gluconate 25 mg, three times in a week.
You can watch for one month probably by that time the frequency of ulcers will decrease.

For diagnostic tests and details of behcet's disease: WWW.WWWW.WW