Getting fever, pain all over body, have loss of appetite and weight. Tested negative for aids or std?

i have been sick for two monthes i have lost weightr and appetite i dont have aids or std been checked i get pain everywere dont ever run fevers
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later

Loss of appetite and weight is concerning. Though it is a non specific symptoms associated with many benign conditions, because it has been related to few sinister medical diseases, these 2 co-existing symptoms are always looked in with suspicion.

From the outset, I am glad to know that sexually transmitted infection and AIDS are ruled out. That being said, I would like to know if all other communicable and non communicable infection are ruled out by your doctor. Have your doctors screened for chronic medical conditions such as diabetes and thyroid dysfunctions? Have your doctors checked your stools for parasitic infections and presence of blood?

These are few questions that linger in my mind when I looked into your query. I might be able to direct you better if I could know the aforementioned facts/details.

Presuming all these facts are positive, then appetite and weight changes could be related to lifestyle and mood changes. These external factors which affect bodily functions leading to fibromyalgia, random pains everywhere, appetite and weight can be handled separately with a help of clinical psychologist.

Do post your follow ups if you wish to share with me some details. I will be glad to discuss.