Getting fever, nausea, headache and shaky after yawning. Had lap band surgery. Related?

OK I have had five episodes of these symptoms over the last seven months. I will start yawning continuously then i get a little nauseated then i will began to have chills become real intense to the point I am shaking all over then my joints began to hurt and it becomes difficult to move around. then i run a fever around 102.After about five or six hours its all gone and i fill fine just a slight headache.
I had Lap Band surgery two years ago could this be related to that? All my Labs which are check each year have been fine no abnormalities.
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 17 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
I can understand your situation.
How frequently does this occur?.
Does the fever go away spontaneously or do you take some medications.
Do you have any other ailment other than this?
When did you have the last lap band adjustment?
Have you done blood tests for this fever?
Lap band surgery may cause fever due to infection.This infection might give rise to chills and fevers.
Yawning followed by nausea is a complication of band surgery.This is due to regurgitation.
But joint pain is unusual.
Kindly consult your surgeon and physician if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Follow-up: Getting fever, nausea, headache and shaky after yawning. Had lap band surgery. Related? 21 minutes later
My fever goes away on its on. The episodes are once in two months
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 6 hours later
If the fever subsides on its own then there isn't too much of a concern.
The episodes are also not that frequent.
Don't worry .Take some anti-acid medicines and consult your doctor if the episode recurs.
Have a nice day and get well soon.