Getting fatigued, headache, mood swings and spotting. Pregnancy test negative. Any suggestion?

I did a pregnancy test, instantly there was a thick white line and a pink line? 2 lines but one was totally white. Do u think its positive? It was about 3 minutes into the test.I've also had a lot of early pregnancy symptoms, fatigue, headaches, cramping and spot bleeding, mood swings etc.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 45 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

It does not look like a positive result. It should have a distinct dark line if there is enough bHCG in urine due to pregnancy.
Lot depends on the way the test is done.

You should strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions, as kits vary a lot and test requirements are different. The test (T) line is read.

Faint/ white lines in the test area can be false due to inaccurate method, reading too soon or too late than recommended by the manufacturer, testing too early in pregnancy (when HCG levels are very low initially), using late-day-dilute urine etc.

Please repeat the test exactly as per recommendations of the manufacturer with early morning urine and reading in time.

If in doubt, please consult your gynaecologist for other confirmations.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this answer.
Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!