Getting fainting spells. All medical test normal. How to diagnose the problem?

i have fainting spells. I had all the tests for heart lungs ect. everything was normal. what else shall I try.?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 50 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The fainting spells can be due to postural hypotension where you will have fainting when you stand from a sitting/lying down posture.
It may be due to vasovagal syncope where it is often related to urination, post meals or anytime.
Third common cause remains a sick sinus, where heart does not make enough beats or a ventricular tachycardia where heart produces erratic rhythm.
Lastly it can be due to a seizure also.
You should get a physical examination by a local physician and get an ECG, Holter monitoring, ECHO, Lipid profile, and checking the changes in BP when changing posture from sitting to standing.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!