Getting faint line on pregnancy tests. What does this mean?

Question
I have taken several pregnancy tests of different brands and everyone of them keeps
reading positive but with the faint line am I pregnant?
Posted Thu, 19 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

The home pregnancy test is a very sensitive test. If faint line if seen in more than one test then pregnancy cannot be ruled out.If even any one of the tests showed pure negative then pregnancy would have been ruled out.

I suggest you to go for a blood HCG estimation, this will by 100% confirm or rule out the pregnancy.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Getting faint line on pregnancy tests. What does this mean? 1 hour later
I called the the OB/GYN and the nurse told me that usually given how many I have taken, then most of the time their 95% positive.I tookone today to update and the line is much more darker then it has been being beforehand.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

The darker line does indicate the positivity.
I see there would be no need for any further confirmatory tests.

A ultrasonography scan may be useful to ascertain the fact and confirm strongly
if amenhorrea has been for more than 6 weeks.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Getting faint line on pregnancy tests. What does this mean? 9 minutes later
Thank you for your help

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 minutes later
You are welcome.

Thanks for using the service.