Getting electric tingle down the arm. Stiff and sore feet, tender to walk. Any advice?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Every once in a while I get a electric tingle down my left arm, 3 or 4 times, has happened maybe 6 times over last couple years. I have noticed with in the same time frame, my feet would be stiff and sore in the morning, which now my right heal is sometimes very sore and tender to walk on. Not sure if that has any relationship. I'm 5'10 180 and active.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 3 hours later
Hello ,
Tingling numbness in limbs and foot pain can occur as a result of neuropathy or peripheral vascular disorder .
Though the frequency of your symptoms is less and not worrisome it definitely warrants further investigation .
You need to consult a neurologist or an orthopedic surgeon who can examine you thoroughly with respect to your spine , peripheral nerves & vessels of the limb to come to an exact diagnosis . Sometimes depending on the findings of the examination the doctor might need to do certain investigations like X-rays , MRI spine , ultrasound or blood tests like vit B and calcium levels ,blood sugar etc
Though you have no significant medical history in past certain neueopathies especially nutritional or nerve compressive may be the first presenting symptom in a patient .
Hence you are right in being concerned and vigilant about your health and I would advise you to consult your doctor as soon as feasible .
In early cases just nutritional supplements and neurotonics may provide relief provided there is no nerve compression.
Physiotherapy is also recomended once the diagnosis is confirmed .
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.