Getting electric shock on top of head while combing hair. What's wrong?

I have a sensory nerve problem. Produces an electric shock on the top of my head if I comb my hair in one spot. What should I do or take?
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with electric sensation in your head.The reason could be nerve irritation due to multiple causes. The causes include degenerative disc disease in neck which is radiating upward or neuropathic pain or history of head injury or diabetic neuropathy or malignancy compressing the nerves. What i would suggest is a thorough neurological evaluation supplemented by investigations including nerve conduction studies, blood sugar levels, CT-Head if required and X-ray-cervical spine to clinch the diagnosis. I do not expect any serious disorder in your case. It could even be a normal transient phenomenon. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar