Getting electric shock and needles sensation on the back of hand during sex. What is causing this?

hello I know this may sound really strange but the last few times me and my partner have had intercourse I have had a definate electric shock/pins & needles sensation on the back of my left hand but only on intial penetration/entry when my partners penis first makes contact with the entrance to my vagina and i just think its a bit wierd and wonder what may be causing it.....please enlighten me....thanks!
Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

I would not consider there to be any relation between such an effect and the intercourse.

It could be a non specific sign of generalised excitement occurring during the intercourse.

There is no such pathology which can cause tingling in the hand due to intercourse.The tingling is usually a symptom seen in nerve weakness or any kind of damage to the nerves.

I could only postulate that the excitement involved during the penetration could have unmasked the weakness in the hand nerves.

Please come up with follow ups if any.