Ask a Urologist   »  

Getting dull ache on shaft proximal to the gland after masturbation. Addicted to porn. Penis feels flaccid?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
So about 10 months ago I spent a couple of days masturbating (withholding orgasm.. "edging", and using a tight grip, lubricant), the penis was fully erect and hard. Since then I had erections when masturbating but are softer and rubbery, still the normal size. Also after masturbating, I ocassionally get dull ache on the shaft proximal to the gland, the gland feels like it hurts a bit. I have let pass 1 or 2 weeks to see if the erections are more rigid but still remain softer than what it used to be. Throughout sleep I'm sure that Im getting erections just not fully erect and hard. In the morning, only some days I awake with an erection still softer than what I was used to be the norm.

Currently have spent one month without masturbating to see if I was addicted to porn and the dopamine level would return eventually to normal. Regaining the morning erections that I was used to, but nothing is happening, the penis still feels flaccid

Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of secondary Erectile Dysfunction (ED).

You had been indulged in masturbation since last 1 year and now facing problems related to sexual activities.(ED)
First of all there is myth in a mind of common man that excessive masturbation is the reason of all sexual problems But I would like to state that it has been discussed in scientific forums all over the world and proved scienificaly that masturbation does not have any negative effect on any organ or system in the body.mind related and due to anxiety.

In absence of any major health issue all the problems that you are facing and erectile dysfunction now are mind related and due to performance anxiety.

Following general measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet XXXXXXX in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.
5) Avoid watching porn videos.

I am sure this will resolve your problems within 4-6 months.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.