Getting dry skin below eyes and on ears. Not cured by applying facibet. Looking for permanent cure

Hi Doctor,

I have been getting this dry skin problem below my eyes and sometimes on my ears from last 4 to 5 months. I have consulted with doctors he said me to apply some coconut oil first time it did work and said me to apply a cream called Facibet; but it seems to be appearing again please suggest me to get rid of these permanently.

Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 58 minutes later
This dry skin problem could be due to atopy or seborrheic dermatitis.
To treat the same, you may require a mild steroid cream for few days ( hydrocortisone or fluticasone). Once the dryness subsides, stop using it. Also use a mild moisturiser like cetaphil to keep the area well hydrated to prevent further recurrence
Hope that answers your query. Should there be more query, I would be happy to help you further.
Follow-up: Getting dry skin below eyes and on ears. Not cured by applying facibet. Looking for permanent cure 11 minutes later
Thanks a Kalpana.

I will try these medicines and will let you know about the result.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 minutes later
thanks for writing back.
Wish you a speedy recovery.