Getting dizzy, have nausea, shaky hands. Is this a pregnancy symptom?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi I'm 27 years old and over the past week I have been getting very dizzy and feeling nausea and shaking in the hands. I actually have to go and lie down. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 15 minutes later
Hi there.

You have provided with good information and I appreciate it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

Do you have fever, chills, rigors, jaundice?

Are you having diarrhea, vomiting, or itching of the skin?

Are you on any medication?

The above mentioned clinical picture could be caused by variety of diseases. Common ones include infections, bilirubin level and can cause itching, nausea, dizziness, associated sometimes with loose stools. In most cases, cholecystitis or inflammation of gall bladder could cause fever, chills, rigors, upper abdominal pain, nausea, jaundice.

The main dependable sign of pregnancy is missed period. Have you missed your period this time? It would be better to confirm a chance of pregnancy by doing a Urine pregnancy test. Nausea, dizziness, does not confirm pregnancy. These symptoms are only sometimes associated with pregnancy, so kindly do confirm with the Test.

Since you have history of gall bladder stones, if surgery was not done to remove stones or gall bladder, it is possible your gall bladder may be inflamed as Cholecystitis. Avoid fatty, oily food. Avoid drinking alcohol. Eat food XXXXXXX in fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables; take some milk or a trial of antacids as well which may relieve gastritis. Drink enough water.

It would be best to consult your Physician to rule out possible gall bladder problems or gastritis which can also cause the same.

Kindly do respond to the above queries.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.