Getting dizzy and falling. Ammonia level in blood is twice the normal. What to do?

I am getting dizzy and falling and also my ammonia level is twice normal
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thorough investigation to rule out heart and brain issues

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear,

Welcome to the platform of Health Care Magic.

Keeping in mind your age. you should be investigated throughly like kidney, liver, thyroid functions, CBC. ESR. Lipids are very important in your case. Neck Ultrasound for carotid thickness, BLOOD SUGAR fasting and Post prandial sugar, Chest Xray and ECG.
My preliminary opinion for such individuals with initial symptom of dizziness is ruptured clot or plaque in the heart or the carotids.
Regular blood pressure/Heart rate monitoring.
I do not understand how do you know about ammonia levels.
Physician should be involved to evaluate these investigation for reaching to the diagnosis.
Hope the query is answered.
Please feel free for further clarification.