Getting depressed, irritated. Diagnosed as hormonal imbalance. Is there any medication to get cured?

I get very depressed, senti and feel very low during my periods. Though I know I behave irrational at times, but I am not able to control my anger during this time. I am told this is because of hormonal imbalance. Is there any medications that can be taken to atleast control these mood swings.
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 20 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us

This is called premenstrual syndrome or PMS

You can take capsule Simrose oil for 10 days before periods under doctor's prescription.

Get your thyroid profile done as hypothyroidism is another cause of mood swings.

Do not take stress , yoga and meditation helps a lot.

Brisk walk for half an hour is the best way of relaxing your mind.

Best wishes