Getting constant hair fall. Took follihair tablets. Is there any permanent solution?

hi this is XXXXXXX 35 years female from bangalore. i never use coloring chemicals except XXXXXXX thrice a month. I have lots of hair fall whenever i do a hairwash and combing. Every weekend i do hair wash and lots of hair fall everytime. I am scared if i become bald. once i consulted doctor and had medicines follihair and haem up tabs for 6 montths course. when course got over, hair fall started again but not immediately. just after 2 montths same problem. is there any permanent solution for less hair fall or totally no hair hair fall. OR do i continue the same medicine for life long. thanks.

Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kruti 39 hours later

I can understand your concern.

If you are getting constant hair fall, its time to just check a few levels in the blood by tests.

I would suggest that you XXXXXXX up with a dermatologist and he could call for blood tests for ferritin levels and vitamin B12 levels, tests for thyroid.

Meanwhile you can take the follihair tablets, they contain biotin and is very helpful.

Also you can get a prescription for minoxidil 2% lotion to be applied on the scalp.
That will also help in controlling the hair fall.

hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Hair fall has become a constant complaint for many individuals in this era of pollution and stress.

It will help to take a good intake of XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and proteins in the diet.

The hair fall sometimes follows any illness, pregnancy, stress etc.
It usually subsides in 3 to 4 months.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

Follow-up: Getting constant hair fall. Took follihair tablets. Is there any permanent solution? 8 hours later
Thank you very much for the answer doctor. Well i did blood test once, there is no thyroid problem, doctor said. But not sure about ferritin levels and vitamin B12 levels, so i wil test for these two. I will start follihair and minoxidil 2% lotion on scalp. If on applying this lotion, it totally controls constant hair fall, will it be safe to use for long term as a oil. please let me know. My hair is also very dry. Please suggest me a mild shampoo.

Answered by Dr. Kruti 15 hours later

Thanks for your reply.

Minoxidil lotion can be used for maximum of 3 months at a time.

You can then visit your dermatologist for an evaluation.

You can use a conditioner with shampoo, that will take care of dry hair.

Dove is a mild shampoo.