Getting cold and throat infection. AEC done. The count is 420/cumm. What medication is needed?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Recently I got my AEC done. The count is 420/cumm. What medication is needed to be taken? I get frequent cold and throat infections
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later

High numbers of eosinophils (eosinophilia) are usually associated with allergic diseases and infections from parasites such as worms. A high eosinophil count may be due to:

Autoimmune diseases
Hay fever

Since you get frequent colds you need to consult an allergist or pulmonologist to rule out asthma or any respiratory hypereactive disorders . Accordingly treatment with preventive medications like antihistamine and mast cell stabilizers like cetrizine and monteleukast etc might be started usually as a once or twice daily dose . In addition if required as and when reliever medications like bronchodilator inhalers or steroidal sprays might be added.
It's advisable to get yourself evaluated thoroughly before starting medications as most allergic tendencies usually recurr if not treated adequately .
So kindly refrain from self medication and consult your doctor as and when feasible .
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.