Getting burning sensation in stomach, sweating and having black stool. Any cure?

General Surgeon
My stomach been burning I'm been sweating and I have black stool
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can be caused by bleeding from peptic ulcer and should not be neglected. Especially if you have been suffering from stomach aches or acid reflux from some time before or you have had some stress recently. I suggest you to go to ER right away to make sure that you are not bleeding anymore - fool blood work is necessary to check your hemoglobin level. If it will be ruled out, you should get scheduled for endoscopy.
It is possible that your symptoms may be also caused by intestines infection, however at least diarrhea should be present or fever. And before such diagnose gastric bleeding should be ruled out.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.