Getting burning sensation in genital area. What is going on?

Having some problems with my female region. When the boyfriend and I have sex I start to get a burning feeling like 30 min into it. Also after we are done and I go to the bathroom it burns. I also think I have a ad normal amount of discharge and I just feel dirty and I constantly shower. What is going on?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
There is an imbalance of the normal flora in your vagina. That is causing the burning sensation due to inadequate lubrication.It may also end up as an infection. This may be caused due to certain soaps,shower gels that cause the imbalance, infections like vaginosis,and lastly due to some minor trauma inside the vagina.
You can start your self on some probiotics that will help balance the good flora in your vagina. Dont use soap for a while in your private regions. Use plenty of lubrication during intercourse.