Getting burning sensation in eye. How to get relief?

Burning in my right eye for a few hours. Tried flushing it with water, but didn't help. I smelled some lavendar so not sure if it was that. But the burning just seems to be getting more intense.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Suddenly burning may occur due to contact with some irritants ( chemicals and their vapors, essential oil, dust, etc..) ,you did correctly flushing with water, then apply locally topical antihistamines for example over the counter Naphazoline, that will helps. , but if burning, irritation and discomfort will persist for more that one day , then better seek Ophthalmologist consultation for clarification. Important remove the irritating agents if such exist and always wash your hands before touch your eyes.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery,
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,