Getting burning sensation in elbows and under knees. Looking for cure

Infertility Specialist
i am getting burning sensation in my elbows and under the knees and pain under the right side of chest
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Biswajit Dash 3 hours later
The history is brief to give any kind of specific advice.
These burning sensations may be symptoms of nerve related problems called peripheral neuropathies.I would like you to do sugar and thyroid profile , which are common causes of these symptoms. I think you can continue whatever medicines you are taking.(NERVE VITAMINS LIKE Vit B1,vit B6 and vit B12.
Regarding the pain under the right side of chest, please do a abdominal ultrasound to rule out any gall bladder/kidney problems like stones.This can also be due to gastric related problems called Acid peptic diseases which are quite common and can be cured with drugs.Please do a ECG testing also, to be on a more safe side to know whether any heart related problems like ischemic heart diseases ( though uncommon in your age group).
Hope I have given a good insight to your problems.
Hope you get wells soon.BYE