Getting burning sensation and breaking of skin over penis. What is causing this?

Jul 2012

I went to have a shower this evening and soaped myself well. My penis was partially erect. Suddenly i felt a burning sensation and breaking of the skin as the soap and water went over my penis. I dried myself and noticed that the foreskin was red and tender and hurting as if it had separated a bit. This only happened to a part of my foreskin. It now feels raw.
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 31 minutes later
Hi there.
What you describe seems like a contact dermatitis or irritant balanoposthitis.
Please do apply a OTC (over the counter) mixed bag cream of a mixture of hydrocortisone & miconazole cream..local appln twice/day for 2-3 days. it should relieve you of your symptoms. The other possibilityis a candidal balanitis (fungal origins) that may have been around a day or two & got aggravated by the soap & water on a semi-errect penis while retracting the foreskin. In either case, relax, use the cream, you will be better. If in 48 hrs, you find no relief, please do visit your nearest dermatologist on the ground. Trust this answer 'relieves' you of your problem & wish you a continued good health for the future. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD