Getting burning and painful sore on face. What is this and what cure should be done?

My 11 year old granddaughter has had this happen three times in the past year and a half. For no reason she wakes up with sores that look like XXXXXX scrapes then turn to burn like sores on her face and they are very painful. As soon as she gets out of the shower they also appear. They are painful and are scaring. We have seen three doctors and no one can figure it out. She has been out of school for 8 days and we are just at our wits end.
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The conditions you are describing can be papular urticaria,prurigo, folliculitis etc.

Also I would like to know-

Does she get fever or any other symptoms ?

Do the bumps heal on their own?

Do they cause itching?

What parts of body are affected? Is it only face or covered parts of body like back and stomach
are involved?

Can you upload good quality photos of the affected skin?

Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.

Answer the above questions and upload photos to help you better .

Meanwhile you can give tablet paracetamol to her.It will help in relieving pain.

Anticipating your reply.

Dr Sudarshan

Follow-up: Getting burning and painful sore on face. What is this and what cure should be done? 47 minutes later
Thank you so much for your quick response. I have two recent photos but don't know how to download them to you. Please let me know how to do this and I will send them immediately.

To answer your questions:
No she does not get any fever but the strange thing that always happens is she first breaks out with like cold sores inside her mouth and then a week or less later the face breaks out. She has like 18 sores in her mouth currently.

They do heal on their own but take weeks and we are not sure if they actually heal on their own or some or a combination of meds used helped.

Yes they do cause itching but they are very painful and actually get pushy or drain as you can see in the one photo.

She gets them no place else only her cheeks and under her eyes.

I tried to cut and paste, or copy the two photos on here but it will not let me do that. I look forward to hearing back soon. We are just desperate to figure this out.
I was incorrect, they do not itch, just hurt.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the details.

It can be herpes simplex infection also it can be rosacea or hydroa vacciniforme.

You can upload good quality photos of affected skin by using UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right side of this window.

Also you can send them by email on XXXXXX YYYY@YYYY XXXXXX

with "attention Dr Sudarshan "in subjectline.

Anticipating your response.