Getting bumps on face. Could it be strep? What is this?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I think i have strep but I am getting these bumps on my face what is this?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 10 hours later
The skin lesions like bumps on the face are most commonly associated with an allergic reaction or infective cause. These are not commonly related to streptococcal sore throat. However, skin lesions are best evaluated on a physical examination.
A good close up picture will be very much appreciated. You may attach a pic using the "upload your reports" feature on the query page-right hand side for a better evaluation.
Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. They are a key part of preventing and treating such skin lesions.

Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce inflammation and minor allergic responses.
I advice you to follow this above mentioned measures and still if it persists or if it spreads consult the dermatologist for examination and also to find out the cause.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.