Getting boils on butt frequently. What could be the reason?

Oncologist, Surgical
Why do I get boils on my butt off and on for 6 months?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be recurrent bacterial infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Recurrent boils in the butt region is a common problem faced by many patients. This is usually due to bacterial infection by Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. You symptomatic lesions, you should apply Mupirocin ointment twice a day for 7-10 days.
You should also get yourself tested for this bacteria. If you test positive on the nasal or throat swab, you will require long term antibiotic injections to eradicate this bacteria.

Please consult your doctor and have him schedule these tests for you.

Hoping for the best.