Getting blurred vision, migraine and have thyroid problem after delivery. Worrisome

Aug 2012

hi, my left eye has been blurry on and off since i had my daughter 1 year and 4 months ago i went to an eye surgeon and there was pressure behind my eye but now he said its gone but i still have blurry vision and lights flashing in my eye, i also get migranes with stroke like symptoms and i developed a thyroid problem since i had my daughter
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 3 hours later

The blurry vision persistent even after the normalised pressure inside your eyeball suggests either the retina is affected (flashy lights) or the optic nerve (carrying and sensing your vision to your brain) is getting compressed somewhere.
Honestly I would suggest to go for a Neurologist's or an another Ophthalmologist's opinion as the problem could have arised due either to the Hyperthyroidism you have mentioned in your history or due to some disturbance at the optic tract level which is also causing the migraine and stroke like XXXXXXX
A good neurologist would be preferred over an Ophthalmologist for thorough clinical check up.
Also when you go through a course of treatment for hyperthyroidism, your TSH tends to go up and that also causes headaches many times. But still along with recent TSH, Free T4 and random sugar readings you please get yourself checked by a Neurologist for the current problem of yours.
Please get back for any related query. take care.