Ask a Dentist   »  

Getting bad odor from mouth. How to get rid of this?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
How to get rid off bad odour from my mouth from last 15 days
What might be the reason for this, please let me know
Please help me

Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 47 minutes later

Bad odour is most commonly a result of the following:
-Tartar in the mouth
-Unclean, coated tongue
-Stomach issues

Assuming that the bad odour is due to dental/oral reasons, i would suggest you to visit a dentist for a thorough clean up ie: scaling and polishing to eliminate the problem immediately.

Meanwhile you can also start using a good anti bacterial mouthwash, twice daily after brushing to reduce bad odour.

Hope this answers your query.
Follow-up: Getting bad odor from mouth. How to get rid of this? 15 minutes later

Thanks for the reply

What ever the reply we get it from healthcare magic is always like "Cat on the wall"

If we need to consult doctor(the common answer given by HCM) after asking solutions to health problems, why should we use health care magic site.

Atleast you should have suggested some common solutions to get rid off the problem

I am sorry to say this

Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 6 hours later

Well, the problem of bad odour as i mentioned earlier, is because of tartar which gets stuck on or around teeth and gums. The only treatment that can help you is a good scaling, which needs professional care.
For temporary treatment, mouthwash or warm saline gargles, can be used but it will not solve the problem completely. Therefore, i suggested that you visit your dentist for this simple procedure as it can not be done at home.

Hope this helps.