Getting back problems, having frequent urine and bowel movement, blood in motion and tightness. Had prostate Brachi therapy

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i am getting back problems in the lower back bowl and urinating a lots sometimes 15-20 times a day since i had a colonocopy
the eurolist put me back on tablets hoping the flow will improve that was three weeks ago
i have had ultra sound , gasophy, previously had phostrate brachi theraphy august 2011
my doctor thinks that it is the radiation
at night i get a lot of wind and sometimes stuggle to go to the toilet , then blood in motion and have a tight feeling all the time near the ribs going into the back
plus when i urinate the next morning my pyjamas smell
also when i do any exercise eg play table tennis or lift anything need to go to the toilet
essendon vic
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Needs investigations to detect the cause.

Detailed Answer:
The problem with your bowel and bladder habits could be related to irritable bowel, a side effect of the radiation therapy that you have received or due to a lumbar spine. This can be diagnosed by an MRI of the spine to detect any nerve root compression or cauda equina syndrome.
To detect the cause of blood in the stools, you will have to wait for the colonoscopy results.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.

Follow-up: Getting back problems, having frequent urine and bowel movement, blood in motion and tightness. Had prostate Brachi therapy 5 hours later

i already had the colonosopy in february so we already have the result
this all came after this examination
could it all be kidneys problems ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kidney problem is less likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
It is good that colonoscopy is normal. A kidney problem is less likely. You can get an MRI done and find out if there is a spine related problem.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.