Getting back pain and shoulder pain. Have stone in gallbladder and kidney. Are they related?

Jul 2016

Could you explain this to me and if anything needs to be done? It is from my abdomen ultrasound. "At least on egallstone is present in the gallbladder but others may be present and not seen. no inflammatory changes in the gallbladder"
" the changes in the kidneys are consistent with medullary sponge kidney. The echo genie shadowing foci are consistent with no obstructing renal calculi." There are echo genie foci in both kidneys with shadowing up to 8 mm. There seem to be 3 or 4 of these foci.
I have been having back pain and pain in my right shoulder for 4 days now. Could this be related to my gallstones?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a solitary stone in the Gall Bladder with multiple (3-4) stones in the both the kidneys.

Pain in the back is most likely due be to kidney stones while pain in the shoulder may be due to Gall Stone.

In view of the these finding and changes of medullary sponge kidneys on ultrasound scanning it will be better to get C.T .Scan with I.V.Contrast done to come to conclusion and help in diagnosis.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.