Getting angry, suicidal tendencies are growing. Having problem with wife. Want to run away. Advise?

Hello, I am getting anger over & over and teh sucidal tendancies are growing; my wife has a abusive nature, which can neither be seen by anyone or be proved its only me the victim who suffer. I am from Indian orthodox family which is making me suffer more; she is pregnant now an making use of more sultry ways to let me down the same with my in-laws the final thing she needs is i need to become a puppet like a doll and lot many things, even i bet i did not make love with the feeling but it was a duty i had to perform. I am suffering more & more & more. I am worried wat am doing please let me out, I want to run away from the relation but this should not be the solution, I want to end my life again not a solution. Its being 2 yrs i got married I lost control on my life since then i had to quit jobs because for her abusive nature, my career graph came down; I tried to expalin my parents and family but they say watever we dont want the family name to be ruined which means wait till she changes or live as it is. I am worried I goinf insane day by day
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 4 hours later

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma. Instead of thinking of taking drastic steps you need to take a reasoned way of settling the marital issue amicably. I suggest you the following steps:
1. Though you have discussed the issue with your parents, it shall be better to talk to others in your family including friends and take them into confidence. You can then discuss the issue with them so as to find a solution.
2. Discuss the issue with your doctor who can guide you to a marriage counsellor and/or a psychiatrist.

Discussion with professionals and relatives/friends will throw up solution which should help you in your situation. Do not lose heart.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please revert back in case you need any clarifications or would liken to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal