Getting acid reflux and recurring hives. Blood test done. What are the findings in the report?

Question
hello sir,

My name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Current I'm getting hives everyday since 6 months. I mean they are chronic now. The hives are very severe. I went to dermatologist and she did bloodwork.

I also uploaded my recent picture . It was very recent(I just took it).

Current I'm getting getting acid reflux.

please go through my reports and we will discuss about it ....
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 35 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. Im afraid Endocrinologist is not the right person to address your problem. I can advice on endocrine parameters tested in the report. Fasting blood glucose value is normal. Thyroid profile is also normal. Slight elevation of TSH has no significance. Definitely it is not responsible for your skin condition and it doesnot require any treatment. You can repeat the test after 3 months. You need to see a dermatologist and an immunologist for the skin problem. Hormonal abnormality is not reponsible for the problem.
Hope this helps. I wish the problem was related to my speciality. But unfortunately it isnt.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Getting acid reflux and recurring hives. Blood test done. What are the findings in the report? 15 minutes later
sir,

Thank you for your reply. My primary care physician told that the Thyroid functional tests are changed since 2003 and all the doctors here are strictly following it. he told me that these ranges are different in different countries but US department of Health advised all the doctors to strictly follow this values effective from 2003 .

I also talked to the doctors in India , some of them told I have hypothyroidism and some told these are normal. One of the doctor from India told I am getting hives because of thyroid problem.

So I'm just waiting for second opinion.so give me the best advice sir....

Also to note my primary care physician did thyroid functional test as part of routine physical check up like 6 months back , then the TSH is 3.1. Now the recent reports shows its 4.7 . These recent tests are done by dermatologist because she suspected that chronic hives are due to underlying medical conditions mostly thyroid problems or autoimmune disorders.

So give me the best advice sir.....

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 28 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Your thyroid homones t3 and t4 are in normal range. TSH is an indirect parameter. Its marginally elevated but for practical purpose still in normal range. TSH may have drifted from 3.1 to 4.7 but its common to see some variation in TSH on a day to day basis. I can say with confidence your skin problem is unrelated to thyroid. The answer would be same even if your TSH were 10. Believe me even if you take thyroid hormone replacement for this TSH elevation it wouldnt make any substantial difference in skin problem. I feel treatment is not reqd but if your docs feel otherwise I dont have any problem either in you taking thyroid hormone.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Getting acid reflux and recurring hives. Blood test done. What are the findings in the report? 1 hour later
Thank you for your suggestion

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Fine.best of luck. Hope you recover fast.