Getting abdominal discomfort while doing abdominal exercises. Is this normal?

May 2013
I had a tummy tuck in May of 2011. Everything went perfect and looks amazing. But I've noticed that every time I perform abdomen exercises and I begin to feel pain, almost like a "charlie horse" always on the right side of my belly button. It hurts so bad I have to find a way to lay on my stomach and relax until the pain subsides. Is this normal??
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Exercise
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
According to your description there is possibility of some adhesions due to previous surgeries.
Some amount of abdominal discomfort is normal after these type of surgeries. Usually this pain will subside soon with passage of time.
You can go for symptomatic treatment.
If the pain is severe and persisting better to consult the surgeon who performed tummy tuck to you and get once examined.
You can go for one ultrasound to rule out other abdominal conditions that can cause pain, like pelvic inflammatory disease etc.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.