Getting abdomen bloating, sore breast, lower left back pain. Have PCOD. Pregnant?

Mar 2013
I have PCOD problem but not heavy... i was married at nov.18th 2012 i have 35 or 40 days cycle so not sure to tel which was my ovulation date so i was confused... last period 6th july 2013 for 6 days after that i get dark brown discharge on july 24th. It occurs for six days it was dark brown, stretchy, its not absorb it was stick on the pad. i missed my normal period (aug 6th) for 14 days and getting clear watery discharge for 3 days and getting abdomen bloating, breast sore, lower left back pain. til not get menstural period.. Am i pregnant?
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.

PCOD is a condition known for irregular, erratic menstruation and ovulation.

Going by your last menstrual period, your expected date of periods should have been after 6th of August (as you mentioned that you have cycles every 35 or 40 days). Hence, right now you are around 16 days overdue which can be a sign of pregnancy.

However some times we do see patients with scanty bleeds happening earlier than the expected dates in patients with PCOD. Therefore I would not be able to rule out premenstrual symptoms presuming you had brown scanty flow for 6 days on August 24th.

In all such cases, I would first rule out pregnancy at the earliest. You can perform this test early in the morning using home pregnancy kit available over the counter. If pregnancy test comes negative, I would order an ultrasound scan of pelvis and write you a prescription to induce period.

Hope this helps. Write back for clarifications.
All the best.
Follow-up: Getting abdomen bloating, sore breast, lower left back pain. Have PCOD. Pregnant? 1 hour later
I already done home pregnancy test on 18th august it was negative.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
As the urine pregnancy test was negative, do not worry. Patients with PCOD often have delayed cycles, and you might be having a late period. Stress, anxiety, weight gain and thyroid imbalance, etc., can cause delayed cycles.

In this circumstance, I would suggest you to wait for few days more, say for another 5-7 days. Periods usually would resume spontaneously. If period do not resume, I would evaluate you further as described earlier and start drugs to induce periods.

Hope this helps.