Getting a warm sensation on upper chest, having high BP and treating sleep apnea. Any risk involved?

I am getting a warm sensation on my left upper chest and not in my arm sometimes when working or sitting. I went for a mountain bike ride yesterday for my workout for about 40 minutes and did not notice any heat sensation then.

I just finished cleaning up something with the car and I just noticed it again. I am a little overwieght and have been just trying orange triad multivitamin. There is some stress in my life right now so im not sure if it just that or something worse. I also had a blood pressure of about 145-150 0ver 95-104 Its been that way for several years. I have been treating my sleep apnea very successfully for the last 4-5 years and am overall very healthy otherwise.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 2 hours later
Dear patient,

Thanks for your health concerns. You do have a series of cardiovascular risk factors, including overweight and sleep apnea; your symptoms are worrisome for angina, meaning chest discomfort arising from the heart. My best advice is to seek a prompt appointment with a cardiologist who can order a stress test to try to replicate symptoms and see if there are concerning heart abnormalities. In the meantime, if you have a more severe episode that does not resolve within 15 minutes, I would advise being evaluated in urgent/emergent care, instead of ignoring symptoms or just waiting them off

Wish you the best health; hope this provides guidance, blessings

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Follow-up: Getting a warm sensation on upper chest, having high BP and treating sleep apnea. Any risk involved? 2 hours later
I agree, I feel like I might have some time and it is a little confusing right now because there actually is no pain and the warmth just lasts about 5 seconds and goes away. I am going to stop taking the new vitamin I started. However I will make an appointment soon with a cardiologist.
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
I agree with you. there are some features in your history that are atypical for cardiac chest pain, but with your risk factors you probably fall into the "gray zone" that represents a frequent challenge in our cardiology practice, and the next appropiate step would be to stratify risk with a stress test

Im glad you will be seeing a colleague soon. Best regards

Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN