Getting a big dark purple bruise on leg after using vibration machine. Looking for advice

Hi there I just recently brought a vibration machine and have been using it for 10 minutes 3 times a week I have noticed when I use it I will get a big bruise on my leg dark purple is this bad sometimes I will get 2 or 3 either leg up the top thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 3 hours later

Yes, getting a big bruise on your leg while using the vibrator machine is bad. This means to say that you are not using the machine in the right way. The bruises that are occurring are due to formation of superficial hematoma or blood clots.

Please read the instruction manual of the machine carefully again on how to use the machine. You can seek the help of a person who is already using it too.

My advice for you is:

1. Start using the machine slowly. Gradually you will learn how to use it and it will become more easy and flexible for you.

2. Keep ice packs locally on the areas of bruises for them to heal faster.

3. Do not stretch more on the machine.

4. Do not use the vibrator machine continuously also, as it may generate heat and cause more bruises.

Hope this helps you. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.