Gets cold in school and legs get severely blotchy, purple and orange. Why?

My teenaged daughter gets cold in school and her legs get severely blotchy, purple, orange, blue... Why?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 5 hours later

I can feel your concerns.

Actually the cold causes the blood vessels to narrow down and constrict so that the blood supply in that region get compromised. For that matter the legs gets blue discoloration.

For this, you have to gradually rewarm in front of heater her legs and avoid her from coldness.
Gradual rewarming will again turn this bluish discoloration to pink colour.
Hope I have replied your query,
If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.