Get wheezy from some food. Can I take duromine and antihistamines like aerius together?

Can I take duromine and antihistamines like aerius together/on the same day? I get wheezy from some food products and need antihistamines but not sure if I should take it because I took duromine this morning.
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Duromine & aerius interact; try levocetrizine Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. There have been quite a few drug interactions between duromine and anti-histamines. Speaking specifically about aerius, these two medications when taken together carry a moderate risk of interactions as both these medications (i.e. duromine and aerius) contribute to increase blood pressure and heart rate and thus can produce an enhanced effect when used together. As for an anti-histamine effect that you require, you could try levocetrizine, as this is one of the few anti-histamines which does not interact with duromine. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.