Get vibration feelings and tingling after walk. Have POTs syndrome or dehydration?

I keep getting vibration feelings and tingling after I walk... on the bottom of my feet; I have POTs syndrome is this from the blood pooling? could it be from dehydration? I have bad anxiety as well
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 47 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that you are having tingling and vibration feeling , when you walk , meaning you are having joints positioning problems .

This means brain needs feedback from our knees , ankles , toes bones ,while walking so that the brain knows where we are standing , and what to do, the message from joints to brain is taken by autonomic system/sensory system.

When people in there mid-teens get dysautonomia( dysregulated autonomic system) meaning wrong message delivery from periphery(joints) to cental( brain+spinal cord) , have a syndrome known as POTS ( paroxysmal orthostatic tachycardia syndrome).

You must be knowing that vessels of feet/legs leak water ( feet swelling) , get temperature change , tiredness , fast/slow heart rate in POTS.

People who have dysautonomia , can have senory system disorder as well due to autoimmune diseases like multiple sclerosis , SLE , sjogrens.

I would recommend that you should visit a neurologist , for sensory system examination of your legs , to differentiate periperal sensory fault from central ( brain+spinal cord) sensory system disorder.

And then can order EMG/NCS for nerve testing or MRI spine.

I know high mood ( anxiety ) due to POTS is common , but finding the cause of POTS is always medical challenge , and NO these feelings are not due to dehydration.

Do not worry just worry.

Hope this helps.

Take care,