Get tiny bump on lip after having oral sex. Checked for herpes and all STDs. Reason?

Hi my boyfriend gets a tiny bump in the same spot on his lip every time he gives me oral sex and my vaginal area itches after sex with him why does this happen and this time he has like four bumps I have been checked for herpes and all other STDs
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your partner needs to be tested for herpes

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

Based on the description provided, the location of the oral lesion/bump does resemble the presentation of a cold sore, which is seen only in oral herpes (herpes simplex).

The only time a cold sore (which is almost always due to herpes) is misdiagnosed is when it is compared to a canker sore (which is an ulcer in the inner lining of the mouth, usually inside the mouth, and not on the lips). But, from the description provided, the bump your boyfriend has is on his lip.

In such a scenario, I would request you to advice your boyfriend to get tested for herpes (HSV), and in the meantime, please avoid oro-genital contact (at least as long as he has the bump on his lips).

If you have recently been tested for herpes and other STD's, with a negative result, then that is really great news, as you might not have been exposed to the virus, which happens when he has the sore and either has oral or genital contact with your body. Please request your boyfriend to do the same, as it would be wise to first rule out herpes and other STDs in both partners.

I hope this information helps you ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.