Get stomach problem after eating restaurant food. What could be wrong?

I get a stomach trouble (loose motion) whenever i have food at restaurant not particular to one restaurant but for 90% of them But i dont have this trouble i take home cooked food . please let me know what might be wrong
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX There can be many reasons for this health issue. One reason can be that the restaurant food may not be cooked in clean drinking water. While we use clean water at home for cooking purposes Second reason can be the anxiety or exertion associated with eating outside. Thus it may be a symptom of irritable bowel syndrome. The reason for anxiety can be many like extra-expenditure, fear of unhygienic food, eating out with friends leading to emotional turbulence, etc. Third reason can be the use of some chemicals (soda bicarb, etc) being used in cooking foods in the restaurants. If you feel better after eating home-cooked food, then take home-cooked food only. Hope it clears your doubt. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee