Get stabbing chest pain radiating to shoulder blades and arms with nausea, heaviness and fatigue. Suggest?

My 18 year old daughter gets central stabbing chest pain which radiates down the left side and arm but can go down both arms between shoulder blades along with nausea its not heart attack as they have ruled it out at the hospital. then a sense of heaviness and aching comes over her body followed by fatigue after this attack comes on.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Guru 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Heart valuvular conditions also need tobe excluded

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Apart from heart attack, few other serious heart related conditions like problems effecting the valves of heart (Mitral valve, aortic valve etc), Aortic aneurysm etc needs to be excluded based on her symptoms.

She may need echocardiography based on physical examination findings. However, in some cases causes like anxiety, panic attacks can also precipitate this kind of pain and other symptoms. However, the serious causes I have mentioned above needs to be excluded as early as possible. She needs immediate evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Get stabbing chest pain radiating to shoulder blades and arms with nausea, heaviness and fatigue. Suggest? 3 minutes later
how do you check for an aortic aneurysm
and would she need morphine for the pain if it was like a panic attack or anxiety attack
Answered by Dr. Guru 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Physical examand Echocardiogram detects Aortic an.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up.

First of all I want to reassure you that it may not be Aortic aneurysm. I have only listed the possible causes. But all the things need to be ruled out in such serious presentations. Physical exam findings if suggestive, an echocardiogram is help in checking for aortic aneurysm.

I personally do not think that she might require morphine. Moreover, today’s research indicates that a move toward individualizing the dosing of prescription agents is warranted and it can happen only after physical consultation / Your doctor will know about these drugs. However, pain is not a major concern here (although one of the concern) but the important concern is what is causing it(is it a serious cause that needs to be managed immediately)

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish her good health.
Follow-up: Get stabbing chest pain radiating to shoulder blades and arms with nausea, heaviness and fatigue. Suggest? 4 minutes later
she has had an echo cardiogram and they said everything was fine they want to explore her bloods further and have referred her to a rheumatologist but the pains seem to be getting worse and more frequent
Answered by Dr. Guru 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to wait for further results

Detailed Answer:

I am really sorry for her ill health. I can understand your concern.

As the serious issues have been excluded, you can be little assured and we need to wait for further investigation results to know what going on. Referring to a Rheumatologist was a good idea. Now, I believe she might need some symptomatic treatment for the reilef of her symptoms until the exact cause is made out.