Get sneezing and cold feet. Eosinophil count is high, prescribed metaspray and cetrizie. Cure?

General Surgeon
Hello, I am 58 years old male, non diabetic,healthy 82 kgs, my Esnophil level is very high 10%(absolute Eosinophil count :721cells/cumm).I get lots sneezing and foot gets cold.At present I am prescribed Metaspray nasal drop and cetzine tablets.But it (sneezing) keeps coming.Can you please suggest some permanant cure as it affects my day to day life.
With ref to Eosnophil issue, attached herewith my recent report.Perhaps this may help you more to diognize my issue.

Regards, XXXXX
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need treatment for your eosinophilia.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX ! I am Dr Shareef answering your query.

The month from August to October is said to be allergic season for nasal and chest allergies, giving rise to continuous sneezing, and may be allergic bronchitis giving rise to chronic cough and wheezing with breathlessness. This kind of allergic rhinitis and bronchitis is seen specially in those who have got an elevated eosinophil levels in their blood.

To treat the eosinophilia in your blood as shown in your report, you have to take medicine diethyl carbamazepine ( Banocide/Hetrazan) for alteast 10 - 21 days along with an antihistamine like cetrizine tablet which you are already on, and the metaspray nasal spray . This however may take some time to act. You may also need nebulisation with budecort and asthalin in case of increased intensity of wheezing and cough with breathlessness. I would also like to give you a short course of systemic steroid for immediate control of your symptoms.

You can also add a different class of drug called Montelukast ( a leukotrine receptor antagonist) for a longer period of time which acts to prevent attacks of sneezing and weezing. But this drug does not relieve acute symptoms, and so you should go for the treatment as mentioned in the previous para for an acute attack.

As all these drugs are prescription drugs, I would suggest you to consult your family physician/medicine specialist for proper management of your condition. I hope I have answered your query. However, you are free to ask in case of any doubt.

Thanks for using health care magic forum for your health query. Good night.