Get sharp groin and leg pain while standing after prolonged sitting. What is the cause?
User rating for this question
When I stand up after sitting I get sharp pains in both sides ..left and right groins and can't move until it goes away. at times I experience pain in my buttocks at the base between the groins and legs, and pain also in my legs above the knees at the front. Have spoken to my doctor about this on more than one occasion without getting an answer, just get sent home with more pain relief.
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems to be due to muscle spasm. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. The pain you have described seems to be due to muscle spasm.These could be due to osteoarthritic changes as a result of age related wear and tear in your hip joints. I suggest you to go for an xray of both hip to see the changes in joint. Avoid squatting and cross legged sitting. Reduce weight if you are obese. Do stretching and strenthening exercises under guidence of a physiotherapist. Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concern. Regards.
People also viewed
- Sudafed and nyquil six hours later
- What is the cause for leg pain after an injury
- Honey increases sperm production
- Pain from hip to ankle double jointed
- Why sprained ankle dizziness
- Small hole on skin by pimples
- Edema and purple dots on ankles
- What causes leg pain after masturbation
- Red dots on injured ankle
- Groin and right leg pain
- Manuka honey on testicles
- Manuka honey vulva skin
- Groin bum and leg pain
- Dry numb patch of skin near ankle
- Leg pain after sitting