Get severe pain in top of skull while bending. Is this stroke?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
MYWIFE GETS A SEVERE PAIN IN THE TOP OF HER SKULL WHEN SHE BENDS OVER. iS THIS A STROKE SYMPTOM

Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Stroke

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The headache is not related to stroke.

Detailed Answer:
The severe headache on the top of the head on bending down is due to the pooling of the blood in the head. This causes vasodilatation causing the headache. This can be aggravated by a high blood pressure. This is not a sign of stroke. Please do not worry.
If it is associated with unconciousness, giddiness or any neurological deficit then do consult a neurologist for a detailed examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.