Ask a Urologist   »  

Get red itchy dots on penis, have developed blisters. Is it balanitis?

i think i may have balanitis. I sometimes get red dots on my penis that can become itchy but this time i have developed a blister. The blister has been there now for about 3 days. Is there anything i can buy in a pharmacy because i really do not want to go to a doctor?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Although a blister on penis can be caused by simple frictional force 
 like doing a rough sex or rough masturbation also but in general blisters on penis indicate some type of underlying infection or illness.
If you are a sexually active person,then tjis could indicate a sign of underlying sexually transmitted disease like genital herpes or genital wart or syphilis etc.
It could be due to a simple yeast infection also.
The best would be to consult a doctor and get yourself investigated and screened properly.
Treatment would depend upon finding the cause.
Till then don't engage in any masturbation or sexual activity.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck