Get recurrent pimples on head once in while. Use Dove shampoo and do head bath after workout. Cause?

Question

I get some pimples on my head once in a while ( once in 4 - 6 weeks range) & it goes off on it's own after 1 - 2 weeks range.

I don't get any pain due to pimples, but it keeps coming & going for last 1 year or so.

Not sure whether it's due to body heat or something.

I use Dove shampoo & i do head bath almost daily after workout.

Pls advise me get rid off this problem.

Thank U,
XXXXX
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Guru 3 hours later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
Acne or Pimples are usually caused by excessive oil production by skin which is added up with some bacterial infection. One thing I want to advice is about the do not's that you need to follow: First and foremost thing is not to use wide variety of cosmetics or oils on to your head, do not wash your face or head excessively, never prick or squeeze the pimples.

Coming to the actual answer, I want to advise you that there are some medications which are only used as a last resort after all the conservative measures fail. These include some retinoid containing medicines. However, these are used with extreme caution as they have some side effects and only under the guidance of an XXXXXXX Medicine doctor or Dermatologist after physical examination.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Get recurrent pimples on head once in while. Use Dove shampoo and do head bath after workout. Cause? 13 minutes later
Thank you for answer.

I try to use 1 oil on each - like 1 day coconut oil, 2nd day gingerly oil & 3rd day navaratan oil ...and repeat after that.

But you are advising not to use like that. I'll try to use 1 oil for 1 month or so & then change to other for a month & so on...hope that's ok.

I was using dove shampoo & dove conditioner, but stopped using conditioner for last 6 months or so.

I take head both every day after my workout so that sweat goes away.

And i don't want to take any medicines unless it's necessary - i don't think i'm in that situation.

Pls carify above points & i try to implement you advise.

Thank U,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Guru 5 minutes later

Thanks for the update and follow up.

Try not using any oil for about a month and see the difference. I hope that the oils are making your skin more prone to the pimples. If there is no improvement, I suggest you to see a dermatologist

Wish you good health.