Get rash of red bumps after physical contacts

Dec 2013

I get a rash of red bumps anytime I get a shot or blood drawn. It lasts for days I often get the similar rash if my husband kisses my skin, but that only lasts for a few hours. Why is that? How can I prevent it and/or get rid of it?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kinldy go through the detailed answer

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic.

After reading your query with diligence I can get that you have easy bruising tendency. This is quite very often seen in female of your age group.

To explain you medically our skin has million of small blood vessels which are known as capillaries through which our blood reaches to all the tissues and cells. Sometimes because of thinning of blood vessels or due to particular factor in blood the blood can temporarily ooze out under the skin. If the impending factor is very trivial or the intensity is of low level, then the oozing is present only for a little time and the things last for few hours only. It appears as a rash and there is no XXXXXXX blood in this rash. SO this is the reason for your red rash lasting for few hours where the factor is not deep enough.

While in case where the injury is deep enough then there is deposition of blood which can last for few days. It appears as a red bumps which can remain for few days. SO in case where blood is drawn you get deep injury by needle stick and the blood extravasate into the skin resulting in red bumps.

As I explained it is quite common in females so you should not be panicky about. Even then you can go for tests like bleeding time, clotting time and platelet count. If these are normal then you can just take Vitamin C supplements or can consume lot of sour fruits which contains vitamin C. Vitamin C helps in building of collagen and so building of strength in the capillaries.

I hope these informations will help you. If you have any further queries I will be happy to help.
With good health wishes,
Dr Sanjay
MD- Dermatology