Get pins and needles on arms, legs and face. Neck feels swollen. Have bad cough. HIV?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
if you get pins and needles arms legs face at times HIV? my both sides of my neck feel like they are swallon but my parents say they are not and i had this about two weeks HIV? I do have like a bad cough like a croopy cough im taking z pack what do you think
I went to the doctors everything is negative but pins and needles what u thinl
Is it true oral sex is considered low for HIV my friend thats what my friends are saying
Posted Mon, 22 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 11 days later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Why do you think your self to be HIV infected?
Is it because of any oral sex?
Have you done it with a infected partner?
Was there exchange of any body fluid or it is a protected one?
There are so many symptoms which will mimic HIV and AIDS.
What do you mean by everything negative? What all investigations have you undergone?

Pin and needle sensations can be short termed or long termed. Short termed are usually due to pressure on nerve because of faulty position or decreased blood supply to a particular site. Anxiety is a fairly common reason behind these type of symptoms. There are also many medical conditions leading to this like diabetes, multiple sclerosis, malnutrition particularly of magnesium, Vitamin B12, and vitamin B5. Nerve compression sometimes results in prolonged pin and needle sensation.

It's important to visit your doctor to rule out any of these issues. But don’t forget that anxiety really does cause the feeling of pins and needles, as well as the tendency to assume the worst.

Have a nice day all through.
Follow-up: Get pins and needles on arms, legs and face. Neck feels swollen. Have bad cough. HIV? 7 hours later
If a Person did Something like almost 20 years ago that person would be totsally sick from Hiv or Aids my friend said that to me he sucked this persons genitals and he said no fluid came out at all and he had no cuts it was unprotected my friend said he was Hiv Negative? Should he take the test he feels fine as of today
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 28 hours later
Sorry for my late response.
Coming to your question:
There is no harm in getting tested, if one is very anxious. Also there is possibility that the person might have been experiencing the window period at that time.
Hope it is clear.
You can close the discussion and rate it if you have no more to ask.
Follow-up: Get pins and needles on arms, legs and face. Neck feels swollen. Have bad cough. HIV? 20 hours later
if its been like 20 years how would that person fell if he or she is infected with Hiv or Aids how would they feel today
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 1 hour later
You have started your question with your pin and needle sensations.
Where comes the question of your friend having oral sex with a 3rd person.
Remember, if I am confused I may not give you satisfactory consultation.
Even I am not getting to your current question. Do you want to know the symptoms of a person who is HIV infected since last 20 years? Then the answer is:
HIV infected person may stay asymptomatic even at 20th year of his/her infection. He may present with diarrhoea, pneumonia, encephalitis etc.
It may mimic any other infection. Hence it cannot be conclusive of HIV/AIDS looking to clinical features only. Only laboratory tests done at right time can tell it with certainty.
Hope it is clear.
If you think my perception is wrong regarding your querry, you can write it again in detail. I will answer you bit by bit.