Get pimples regularly on the scalp. How can I treat this without antibiotics?

why do i always get pimples on my scalp and is there any thing i can do without taking antibiotics
Posted Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 minutes later

Lesions on the scalp in the form of pimples are usually due to either bacterial or fungal infections. Based on the associated symptoms a more possible cause can be identified and management planned accordingly.

I would like to know some more details on your problem to narrow down the possibilities and advice you treatment keeping antibiotics out of option.

How big are the lesions? Are they present all over the scalp or restricted to a specific region?
Do you have dandruff?
Do you have itching associated with the pimples?
Do you have any other lesions in the skin elsewhere in the body?
Have you tried any medications for the current problem?

Waiting for your response,
Follow-up: Get pimples regularly on the scalp. How can I treat this without antibiotics? 22 hours later
in answer to your questions
Lesions are at the front side of the head and at the neck, they are not all over the scalp.
Slight dandruff from using medicated shampoo
itching yes
no other lesions on the body
taking antibiotics minocin by XXXXXXX and before that septrim tablets
and shampoo Stieprox by Stiefel
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 minutes later

Thanks for the information.

Based on the description the lesions you have appear to be due to fungal infection.

You may need not take the antibacterials like Minocin and Septrim.

Since its a fungal infection antifungal alone would suffice. You can continue the Stieprox shampoo. If the Stieprox is not showing response then you can apply KETO shampoo which is a better antifungal agent with better sensitivity coverage.

For the neck lesions you can apply a lotion named TINIDERM for better results.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.