Get pain in the chest and back on drinking cold liquids. Reason?

Ok, why do I get pain in my left upper middle chest and back when I drink cold liquids. Also I noticed that same area hurting a couple days ago without drinking liquids?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 8 hours later

I am Dr. XXXXXXX and I am here to help you as much as I can.

The question you asked is missing some details for which I need answer before we can even come to any conclusion.

Please answer the following question in order to help me understand what was going on.

1) What type of the pain ? ( pain quality like- burning/ stabbing/ vague)
2) Was it radiating anywhere else? (feels like moving from one point to other)
3) How long pain lasted ?
4) Was it associated with anything else?
5) How intense the pain was? ( on the scale of 1-10 , 1 being lowest and 10 being the worst how will you grade the pain?)
6) Does it hurt while eating solid food?
7) Was it accompanied with sweating and heart racing?

If the answer for the question (2) and (7) is yes then, it is better to visit a local physician as soon as possible.

Feel free to ask any question or concern.

Thanks for the query