Get numbness in eye while blowing nose. Any specific reason?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Whenever I blow my nose the right side bridge and tip of my nose, my right upper lip and just under my right eye towards the outside goes numb and stays that way for up to an hour. What could be causing this?
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later
The numbness on the side of the nose and face is likely to be due to a pinched facial nerve due to the pressure of blowing. You can avoid blowing your nose hard and start taking vitamin B complex supplements specially the vitamin B 12 supplements for an early recovery. In case the numbness is persistent then do consult a neurologist for an evaluation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Get numbness in eye while blowing nose. Any specific reason? 3 minutes later
Thank you so much for your quick response. I will try your recommendations unless the need to see a specialist arises.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 29 minutes later
You are welcome.
Please keep me informed regarding the progress.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.

Warm regards